Claregalway is a club growing fast. If you are interested in helping with any aspect the club please contact us
Gear can be purchased at the club shop. Please click here for further details.
The club has a number of channels. Website: www.claregalwaygaa.net Facebook: Club: https://www.facebook.com/TheBalchies/ Ladies: https://www.facebook.com/Claregalway-Ladies-GAA-291255727595053/ Handball: https://www.facebook.com/ClaregalwayHandballClub/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClaregalwayGaa Newsletter: You can sign up for the newsletter using the form at the bottom of this page. The newsletter will go to all subscribers at various times during the year. You will also find various pieces about the club in the local media.
- Adult: Be over 16 years.
- Under-21: Be Under 21 years and Over 16 years.
- Minor (Under 18): Be Under 18 years and Over 14 years.
- Under 16: Be Under 16 years and Over 12 years.
- Under 14: Be Under 14 years and Over 10 years.
- Under 12: Be Under 12 years and Over 9 years.
- To be "Under" an age shall mean that the player shall celebrate the Upper Limit birthday (e.g. 21st. for Under 21 Grade) on the 1st. January of the Championship Year or on a later date. To be "Over" an age shall mean that the player shall have celebrated the Lower Limit birthday (e.g. 16th. to participate in Senior/Under 21 Grades) prior to the 1st. January of the Championship Year.
For handball generally, the lower age limit is 7 years old.
The under 6’s football (Boys) are open from age 4 and up and the Under 8's for girls are open from ages 6 and upwards.
You can become a member of the club by filling in the registration form and paying the required membership fee. More on membership and a link to the online form and payment system are here
The primary location for the club is in Knockdoemore. Handball and some training take place in Lakeview. You will find more information here.
The names of the team mentors can be found on the relevant pages here. These details are updated on a regular basis. If you need to contact a coach please use the contact us form and the relevant coach will be informed.